Monday, November 30, 2009

The Twilight Saga

Disclaimer : This entry is strictly the personal opinion of the writer, hence the excessive use of the words ‘I THINK’.

I think Twilighters can be can be categorized into two groups. One group is made of all those fans who are choosing between Team Edward and Team Jacob, while the other group is made of those who are choosing between Team Robert and Team Taylor.

I also believe that the first group (Team Edward & Team Jacob) were/will be disappointed with the movie(s) and the second group (Team Rob & Team Taylor) love/will love the movie(s).

Usually, the first group are also ppl who have read the book(s) looooong before the first movie was released and that’s why they fell in love with the character instead of the actors. I am Team Edward and [owh no, Team Rob is going to shoot me!] after two movies, I am still disappointed over RP. I thought this time around he would manage to pull it off, to become Edward enough, just like how TL became Jacob but NO, i think he looks much better in the first movie! I really feel like closing my eyes when i saw RP shirtless.. very very the EWWW!!!

I do admit that overall, New Moon is actually better than Twilight… maybe because the CGIs are better and the scenes were more natural. Castings for new characters have also been done properly, and i think that’s why all of the new characters (Volturi, Wolf pack, Jane, Felix, Demetri, Harry Clearwater, Etc) fit the description in the book perfectly.

Owh and I think Ashley Greene has also turn into the perfect Alice Cullen! The looks, the attitude and the walk are all Alice! two thumbs up for Ashley Greene

Now, come to think of it, seems like my disappointment actually has nothing to do with the movie itself, kan? i do know that it is impossible to include all the details in the book into a 2hr movie. i am actually disappointed with the casts! – except the new ones la..

so let’s see…

Bella Swan :

Edward Cullen : Still . (Seriously, Team Rob is going to kill me!).

Charlie Swan :

Carlisle Cullen :

Esme Cullen :

Emmet Cullen : . He looks much better in the 1st movie. In new moon, he looks ordinary. Emmet is supposed to be huge and looks very strong!

Rosalie Hale : . She’s suppose to be very very very beautiful!

Alice Cullen :

Jasper Hale : . i dunno but in new moon, he looks like Edward Scissorhands to me… owh, and for those who haven’t read the book, they wouldn’t know that Jasper can actually control the emotions of ppl around him.

Jacob Black :

Billy Black :

Laurent :

Victoria :

Jessica, Eric, Mike, Angela :

 

Hmm… now, i’m not sure if i’m really looking forward to Eclipse, but at least i’ve learnt not to keep my hopes high..

1 comment:

Miss Jess_Lyne said...

Hi there:) bloghopping.
I gotta say, I agree with your review of the characters. I'm team Edward as well and I'm disappointed with how they "paint" Edward. Too white and too much lipstick at one point. He definitely looked better in Twilight. I've seen Rob's pictures on Vanity Fair n it got me thinking "this is how Edward should look like!" minus the tanned skin. Oh well, hope he step up in Eclipse. Oh wow, this is long. Awesome blog:)